How Liz Hurley fell in love with Arun

Posted in
by Admin

Newlywed Elizabeth Hurley has opened up about how she met, and fell in love with hubby Arun Nayar, the man she now lovingly calls ‘Sugar Plum’ and ‘Puppy’.

In an interview with ES magazine, Hurley revealed that the two met by at a dinner hosted by mutual pal Alex Tomei. She also admits that she was a bit ‘shocked’ when Tomei told her that Nayar was half-Indian and half-German.

"When Alex Tomei first came to pick me up, I said, 'Who is this guy we are having dinner with?' He said, ' He's half-Indian and half-German,' and I thought, 'What a shocking combo!' But I quickly revised my opinion," the Daily Mail quoted her, as saying.

As to what it was about Nayar that made Liz revise her opinion so quickly, well that would be the fact that he made her feel ‘very comfortable’.

"There was something about him that made me feel very comfortable," she revealed.

It was only after their second meeting, a meal at Le Caprice, that Nayar took for her number, and asked her out on a date.

"I was a bit embarrassed, as I was 36 and it felt bizarre going on a date. But I was pleased he asked me," Hurley said.

And though they might seem poles apart on the surface, the ‘Bedazzled’ star insists that they have a lot more in common that what people think.

"The weird thing is we are very, very similar. I very much like his mother. We are both close to our families and both have very loyal friends whom we adore," she said.

Hurley, basking in the limelight of being a newlywed for the first time, admits that she knows that life will not always seem hunky-dory, and insists that she’s ready to meet any problems head on.

"I am not naive enough to think that because something is rosy today, it won't be bleak tomorrow. My life has always been massive ups and massive downs. But because I am so used to it, I feel anaesthetised against past bad times. I spend zero time thinking about them," she said.

Liz and Arun tied the knot this year with a wedding in the UK on March 3, followed by traditional Hindu ceremonies in India on March 9.